Resume Due By [10-04-13]
|Job Title: Operations Assistant and On-Air Host||Department: Radio|
|Reports To: Station Manager||Status: Permanent Part-Time|
Position Summary: Perform the daily operation of the Radio Traffic department by creating program logs for KWBU-FM, affidavits and other traffic and operational duties as assigned by the Station Manager. Host Saturday morning programming on 103.3 FM, and act as substitute for other shifts as required. Other duties as assigned.
Typical Duties: Radio Traffic & Hosting
- Host 103.3 KWBU-FM programs as assigned including Saturday shift.
- Record "voice tracks" interstitial materials to be broadcast during automated broadcast times, such as promos and underwriting spots.
- Serve as back up on-air host.
- Produce daily logs for KWBU including entering of Contracts and recording underwriting announcements.
- Produce monthly affidavits for finance department.
- Actively participates in membership drives, including producing special features as requested.
- Work with Marketing department to assure accurate scheduling of underwriter spots.
- Assists in preparation of fundraising materials including production of on-air elements.
- Voices and produces KWBU underwriting spots.
- Provides backup for Station Manager by developing strong capabilities for working with ENCO DAD
- Successful execution of daily program schedule, announcements, etc.
- Converses in a professional, warm and unpretentious manner.
- Consistency in program presentation.
- Contribute to and help to maintain a climate of service excellence at KWBU.
- Protect the company's physical and intangible property through appropriate care, custody, filing,
Backups, security and similar procedures as directed.
- Successful use of in-house computer system and Windows-based program.
- Successful use of DAD software
- Professional experience in public relations, communications, broadcasting or non-profit operations helpful.
- Must develop strong knowledge of broadcast equipment and production.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver license and access to reliable transportation.
- Excellent writing skills with ability to produce news stories for air.
- Proficient and efficient usage of software provided to complete job responsibilities.
- Web skills desirable.
Work Schedule: Work week varies from 15 – 25 hours, typically Wednesday through Saturday. Involves weekend work schedule. Must be flexible so as to assist during on-air membership drives. Occasionally work in excess of 25 hours.
Brazos Valley Public Broadcasting Foundation is an equal opportunity employer – women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please apply by Oct. 4th.
|Send resume and air check to:||KWBU-FM Station Manager
One Bear Place #97296
Waco, TXx 76798-7296
|Or submit your materials via email to Brodie_Bashaw@baylor.edu (MP3 audio files)|
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.